10 ways to know if your friend is a true friend
We always tend to misjudge people and their character. We always fall prey to the wrong people, end up trusting them and get heartbroken in return. We don’t deserve that. No one does! So here’s 10 ways which will tell you whether you should trust a person and whether they are true to you.
1) Get to know what they talk about you behind your back: The best way to know whether a person is trustworthy is by seeing and knowing what they talk about you behind your back and in your absence. If they talk good about you or defend you from any rumor about you, it means you’ve got yourself a good friend.
2) Get to know what they talk in front of you: It’s pretty much obvious that people talk all about roses and unicorns on a person’s face. However, if you pay attention to what they tell you on your face and compare it with point no.1, you would understand if the person changes facades when they are with you and without you.
3) Ask them about the bad in you: A lot of people compliment you and I know that you love it! But the truth comes out when they’re asked to point out the bad in you. A lot of people wouldn’t but the right one will tell you what is and what isn’t very truly.
4) Are they a little too sweet? : When people try to conceal their real intentions, they tend to overdo stuff. Is he/she extremely sweet? Like abnormally sweet? If yes, then you’ve got to be aware of them.
5) See what they tell you about other people: Normally, the way a person describes someone else in front of you is how they will describe you in front of others. So do they share secrets that aren’t theirs to be shared? If yes, it’s simple they would do the same to your secrets.
6) See what they tell other people: Look if a person changes their color like a chameleon in front of other people and lie to their faces. If yes, that’s what they’ll do with you. How they treat others is how they treat everyone. Old habits die hard.
7) Body language: It is said that a person’s mouth may lie but the body never lies. Learn how to spot lies, how to detect hesitation and how to observe truth. Even if other’s fail, their body will speak the truth.
8) Find out about their personality from their past friends, lovers, etc: they aren’t in their present life for a reason. Find out those reasons and decide for yourself whether your friend/lover was in the wrong.
9) Tell them about their bad traits and see how they react: no one likes it when someone points out their flaws. But, if they think of you as true, they will know that you mean no harm and want them to excel. So, see how they react!
10) Do they leave your side in your downs and lows?: Experience is a brutal but an amazing teacher. Experience and see who stands for you when you fall off your wagon.
The following two tabs change content below.
Armed with engineering degree, Co-founder of RoofnRoom.com and Fidato Research & Services.He is Talker. Listener. Foodie. Music lover. Traveler. Singer. A colour outside the colour box.
Latest posts by Ankit Kandoi (see all)
- Reasons why we have stopped showing love and affection to our loved ones - September 9, 2015
- Why are some people happy being single and alone. - September 8, 2015
- 10 ways to turn jealousy into motivation and self-acceptance - September 7, 2015