How to shift your personality from introvert to extrovert?
Nowadays, I’m noticing a big change in the generation that we live in. People who tend to socialize or get 100s of likes on social media are not as good at conversing with the same people face to face. This era of social media is making us social online whereas totally unsocial and shy offline.
Today I’m going to help you guys change that. Let’s be sociable offline as well. I’m going to give a few tips that helped me change myself over the years.
- 1. Get off the internet and get in your car
Yes, I’ve said it. Get off the damn internet and go for a nice ride someplace you haven’t already been. Meet new people and try saying a hello first. It’s hard but you’re going to make a new friend so it’s worth it.
- 2. Go to social events and celebrations
Instead of surfing YouTube and watching stupid videos, go out to social gatherings for a change and meet people who wouldn’t be happier to talk to you. Doing social service and helping people helps a lot too!
- 3. Let people know you can talk and that you don’t have an attitude problem
I know it’s hard to just go over to people and say hello. It is daunting and you feel embarrassed but people can’t see your struggle! They think that you’re either having an attitude problem or you just can’t speak. Prove them wrong will you? Let them know you aren’t some jerk.
- 4. Practice in front of the mirror
I had a hard time talking to people in general. So, I used to spend hours in front of the mirror analyzing what goes wrong and practicing new methods.
- 5. Ask people close to you about your first impression on them
Asking your close friends or your teachers about the impression they had when they first met you helps you to know better at what level of introversy you are and that way you can work harder!
- 6. Meet friends that you’ve made online
Everyone has friends that they’ve never met, yet they talk online. So, go meet them! I’m sure they’ll like talking to you face to face too.
- 7. Let people who kill your thrill go
People who try to down your smile every time you meet and greet them aren’t the type we need in our lives. So, it’s better to just ignore them.
- 8. Express what you feel
Introverts don’t feel safe to express their feelings and thoughts. But we need to change that. So it’s okay to feel and share it with intimate people.
- 9. Don’t be afraid to share your secrets. People are trustworthy.
All of us have been betrayed at least once but that doesn’t mean everyone is a liar. Some people genuinely care for you. So find them and don’t hesitate to share your fears and dreams with them. It makes life so much easier and better!
Latest posts by Ankit Kandoi (see all)
- Reasons why we have stopped showing love and affection to our loved ones - September 9, 2015
- Why are some people happy being single and alone. - September 8, 2015
- 10 ways to turn jealousy into motivation and self-acceptance - September 7, 2015